Gus’s Drug began in November 1955 when Gus and Bess Steeken moved from Taylor, TX and purchased Cunningham Drug. Together they built a drug store known for its customer service and delicious snack bar — Gus’s Drug became a gathering place for the local residents.
In 1967, Gene Jacob, RPh, joined Gus and Bess at Gus’s Drug. Between 1972 and 1975, Gus and Gene established Centex Pharmacies Corporation which paved the way for more than nine stores throughout Central Texas including Gus’s Drug on University Avenue in Georgetown, Texas. They also welcomed Jack Adkins, RPh, as a third partner to Corporation as the business continued to grow.
In 1972, Gus’s Drug moved one block east to its current day location at 702 East University. Due to the location change Gus’s Drug lost the beloved snack bar, but the increased floor space enabled the pharmacy to expand the inventory to meet the needs of the growing population of Georgetown.
In the spring of 2014, Mark and Amanda Bradley were thrilled to find an opportunity to build upon a legacy that has been established over 50 years; after tying loose ends in the DFW area and relocating to Georgetown, they took over the business and enjoy serving the Georgetown community with the best possible customer service. Gus's Drug aims to provide compassionate service one patient at a time.